Owned by the State of Connecticut and home of the University of Connecticut Huskies football team, this sports and entertainment stadium facility was experiencing water infiltration at the concourse level directly above several offices. Martin A. Benassi, AIA - Architect, LLC was retained for the remediation of the issue. Core samples were taken to document the existing materials and construction methods.
Scope of Work included:
- Removal of existing concrete topping and substrate down to original waterproof membrane
- Removal of concrete masonry infill walls
- Installation of rigid insulation board over a drainage mat set on new fully reinforced fluid applied (PMMA) methyl-methacrylate liquid resin waterproofing
- Replacement of rigid insulation board, drainage mat, and reinforced concrete topping
- Installation of new galvanized pedestrian swing gate with all associated hardware
- Miscellaneous sealant work