The University of New Haven’s Maxcy Hall was built in the early 1900s and opened in 1909, and it is the cornerstone of the campus complex.
Martin A. Benassi, AIA – Architect, LLC was retained to prepare construction documents for the exterior restoration of the building. Scope of work included complete reroofing, window replacement, and built-in gutter restoration. Windows were to be replaced with energy efficient, aluminum-clad units which matched the original historic profile, including trim and size.
A major portion of the work included the complete restoration of the Maxcy Hall porches, with particular care to preserve their original historic profile.